Is it possible to set Unassigned as a default value for a custom field of the type User Picker (single user)?

Vincent Mouwen June 12, 2015

To stories we want to assign, besides the assignee, a support assignee. We created a custom field of the type User Picker (single user) which we called Support Assignee. This all works fine but it's not possible to set as a default value "Unassigned". We need this because if there is no value in the field it is not shown on the issue.   

3 answers

0 votes
Tulika Panda October 14, 2020

Did anyone get a resolution for this? Our users are facing the same issue.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Hi Tulika,

Is this in Cloud or Server? What problem are you facing exactly?

Thanks!

Kian

0 votes
Deleted user October 11, 2019

Is it possible to preset Unassigned or NONE on the custom field of type single user picker at the time of issue creation? This will enable fields to be visible after Saving the issue form.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2015

It's true that you can't select "unassigned" as an option. One possible route you could take is to create a dummy user that will be used to represent any that do not have a value in "Support Assignee". That would cause it to be populated, but not refer to a user it shouldn't. 

Davide Cutaia December 5, 2018

Yes, I have the same problem.

I have created a field "Participants" as I need to keep other people informed on the status of a specific task.

But if I leave it optional (and blank) on the Create Screen, then it will not appear when the issue is created.

If I set as a required field this creates problems as i might not have any participants to add. 

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thomas Reggi May 10, 2019

I am also having this issue.

Suggest an answer