Is it possible to save all the tickets, workflow and configuration of a project and copy to a new project?

Deleted user May 5, 2015

Dear all,

I have some problems with my JIRA account and probably I will need to shut down the account and create a new one. In that case I will need to copy all the tickets and load them in the new account in order to create the same project. I would appreciate if you can help me with this purpose.

I have already read in the administrator guide that there is the option to export all the tickets and import them to JIRA system (as an CSV document). Is this an option to make a complete copy of all the tickets of the project? If yes, could you please detail the steps to follow to proceed in the right way? If there are other solutions please let me know to consider all the options.

I assume that importing and CSV document would be a solution to create copy of all the tickets, but is there any possibility to create a copy of the workflow, users, settings, permissions,.....? Otherwise I guess it is needed to re-create all those settings in the new account instead to import/load them from the former project.

Thanks on avance for your help.

Best regards,

Ignacio Goñi

2 answers

1 vote
Maud Schlich May 6, 2015

Hello Ignacio,

we use JIRA Configuration Manager and it does exactly what you need.

Please check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager

Regards,

Maud

0 votes
Deleted user May 7, 2015

Thank you Maud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events