Is it possible to run a scripted post function using field values in the script and returning a value from SQL or Oracle?

Daniel Bower March 16, 2015

This might be beyond the capabilities of JIRA, so before pursuing it further, that's what I'd like to try and find out:

Is it possible to create a scripted post function - I'm thinking it would have to be Jython or Groovy - that could query a SQL or Oracle database using username/password/dbserver info specified by a reporter from required Custom Fields and return a value from that database into another custom field?  It's essentially a data integrity check that could save 1.25 person hours weekly, and would be very slick if it could be automated through JIRA.

4 answers

0 votes
BDQ November 30, 2015

Hi - this is a plug, but hopefully a relevant one. Our add on is designed to let you run data checks against external databases, all from within JIRA.

Users specify the rules to be tested within JIRA, the results get recorded within issues, and alerts can get fired via comments. 

Please take a look at: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.businessdataquality.dataqa/server/overview to see if it does what you need. Feel free to message us if you want more information.

0 votes
Ugur GUNGOR July 13, 2015

I think it is possible, you can do it jjython script

0 votes
Daniel Bower March 17, 2015

Yes, we already do this, it's database info for test environments, non-sensitive data only accessible internally. It's ticketing system for requesting test environments.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Did I get it right. You want to have user/password/dbserver in a custom field stored? That sounds like a bad idea to me!

Suggest an answer