Is it possible to retrieve issue sub-tasks from a behavior validation script

Tom Jackson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

I'm trying to write a validation script using the behaviors plugin that pulls the state of all sub-tasks on a given issue and sets the validity of a field according to the states.

I assumed I could use 'issue.subTasks' but it doesn't look like the 'issue' variable is bound to the issue being edited/transitioned.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Jackson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Figured this out. The issue id is available as a field with field id of "id", so ...

Long issueId = new Long(getFieldById("id").getValue());

Issue issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issueId));

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

"underlyingIssue" is bound in the scripts which is an Issue instance... your way will work fine but make sure you handle the Create case, where issue will be null.

Suggest an answer