Is it possible to restrict the Promo end date based on promo start date?

Musku Nagaraju May 7, 2019

I need to set the Promo end date always feature date of Promo start date 

e.g If I select promo start date  10-May-2019, then Promo end date should be allow post 10 th may only..

I have used "Date Expression Compare" in create transition it is working in create issue screen, but our Estimated Completion Date field is editable on the view and people sometimes pick a date in the past. A validator won't help since there is no transition

Thanks

Nagaraju

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Musku,

why don't you remove the field from the screen associated with the edit operation? So it wouldn't be possible to edit it when it is on the screen associated with viewing an issue. You can still validate the correct date on the screen associated with the create operation and after that, it is only read-only. Maybe think about using a calculated field in general for this field if it should be, for example, always 4 weeks past the initial date. If you want to still be able to edit it (maybe only a specific role in a project or user) think about adding a global transition with conditions and put the field on the screen. Just a few thoughts :) so this all means that you're not using a single screen for creating, editing and viewing an issue!

Best, Max

@Max Foerster - K15t

We need to keep it that field in Edit screen also, so I am expecting to achieve this with using script behavior.

Can you help on that way.

Thanks

Nagaraju

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Nagaraju,

behaviours are not my specialty. But have a look at Kristian's answer and script example in this thread to get an idea of how to implement a behaviour comparing two dates: Check if a date inserted in the create screen is compliant to my criteria

Best, Max

0 votes

Can any one help on this?

Suggest an answer