Is it possible to restrict browse/view permission on a particular issue, using a custom field.
For example, If while creating an issue I click on a check box named "Private", then the issue should be visible only to a particular group.
Can't you handle this with Security level ? Why do you want to go for a custom field ?
Please refer this documentation on security levels - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-issue-level-security-861253265.html
Sure you can. It is a native function of Jjira called Issue Security. Just create an issue security scheme and apply to your project.
Then add the security level field on the create screen.
Here you go Rinkesh:
- click on the wheels up right, then on Projects
- Select the project you want to edit
- From project settings go to screen (on the left)
- Click on the pensil on the right of the screen scheme you want edit
- If you have already defined a create scheme, just click on it and add the Security Level Field
- If you have only just a screen as default (for all 3 issue operation: create/edit/view) and you want to set a specific screen for the create action, then take note of the name of the sinlge screen you have, click on View all screen schemes (on a new tab), duplicate that scheme to create a create screen :) .
-(on the new tab) Click on the new screen and add the Security Level Field
- /(on the previous tab) clic on Associate an issue type with a screen scheme and link the new screen to the create operation.
It is harder to say that to do :D
Hi Sergio. I managed to follow the steps you provided.
Now I created an issue, where I select a value for the custom field in the create issue screen.
I expect that now the issue should not be visible to any user apart from the the user(s) I added to the security scheme.
But it is still visible to a jira user.
Note - the other user is not a jira admin.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot