Is it possible to remove/hide the 'Time Spent' (green line) from my Burndown Chart, just want to display 'Remaining Values' (red line) ?

David Connelly September 10, 2014

6 answers

1 vote
Jason Prior May 19, 2015

Hi @David Connelly, did you ever figure out an answer to this?  I don't see a lot of value in the 'Time Spent' metric.

0 votes
Andrew Caple November 25, 2019

I had the same issue and it drove me crazy for while, this worked for me:

• Delete the burndown gadget from your dashboard
  • Open the Scrum board that you're referencing > Configure > Estimation
  • Estimation Statistic = Story Points
  • Time Tracking = None

Now re-add the burndown gadget .. and that annoying greenline should be gone now.

0 votes
Jeff Edde May 20, 2015

Our burn down metric is hours. We want this because it is makes a more detailed burn down chart. Time Spent is still a valuable metric to us in certain situations. Just not in the context of wanting to see the progress of the Sprint.

0 votes
Jason Prior May 20, 2015

@David Connolly and @Jeff Edde,

Thanks for the responses!

Out of curiosity, why is your team entering time spent data?  I believe our team is simply entering it as an old habit and we may not actually need to input it.

When using the 'Log Work' modal, it is required to enter a positive value in 'Time Spent'.  However, I was able to add 'Original Estimate' and 'Remaining Estimate' to the edit task screen through the project screen config.  Therefore, it can be adjusted using the edit issue screen (as opposed to the 'Log Work' modal) without touching 'Time Spent'.  Have either of you tried this or have any thoughts?

0 votes
David Connelly May 19, 2015

Hi @Jason Prior & @Jeff Edde,

Ya just do the same as you @Jeff Edde, input the data into excel and create the burndown manually. At this stage I've given up on getting an answer from Atlassian sad

Regards,

David Connelly

0 votes
Jeff Edde May 19, 2015

I've searched everywhere and can't find an option to remove it. We find that the green line really distracts stake holders from the message. My organization now uses a painful workaround to input burndown data into excel in order to create our own burndown chart without the Time Spent line.

Suggest an answer