Is it possible to refresh task page?

Ble Cee November 25, 2012

Is it possible to refresh task page every 5 or 10 minutes in order to see if any new comments were added?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Hi Ana,

Refreshing a issue page can be done I think, but the most important fact you need to consider is the load.

You are seeing from a issue point of view.

Assume if your project contains some 10000 issues, If all the issues refresh after 5 or 10 minutes think about the load in the server.

If you do it for all the projects then it will be a bigger problem.

As far as refeshing is concerned, I will say no, and as thomas said it is good to look into your emails as all the changes in the issue will be sent there.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

I don't think that it is possible, not out of the box and more than that, not with jira on-demand. But I really think, the easiest way is to be informed via Email. If you are able to have a look at your Jira every five minutes, you can also have a look at your email client every five minutes ;-)

0 votes

Hello Thomas,

We do, but it's easier this way, we can't check email every minute, it's easier to refresh than to open email client.

Best,

Anabela

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

Hi Anabela,

why don't you use Email Notifications for that ? With an email notification, you don't even have to look at the page itself, to see if anything has changed

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes

I'm not sure what CR is. What I ment is it possible to keep open issue page and to make it autorefresh? So I don't have to hit F5 every 5 minutes in order to see if anything has changed.

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Do you mean CR of Task Issue type ?

Suggest an answer