Is it possible to recover the ability to filter in a tab style UI rather than using a dropdown list?

Andrew Knott October 31, 2017

In the new design in Jira, filters seem to only be available as a dropdown list of checkboxes which is very a very cumbersome UI for long lists of filters. 

In the old design, they were presented as rows of tab / buttons. Does an option exist to return to this UI or can it be considered for a future release?

1 answer

0 votes
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure what you are seeing but I have checked on JIRA Server UI and JIRA Cloud UI, I do not see a dropdown list of checkboxes for filters.

However, you can go to Manage Filters to get the UI that you have mentioned; presented as rows of tab / buttons.

Cheers,
Moga

Andrew Knott February 14, 2018

In the new UI (that everyone gets switched over to within 2 weeks), when you configure Quick Filters for a Kanban board, the tab filters are replaced with a dropdown with checkboxes... 

When you select a filter, the filter automatically re-sorts the actual filter order making it difficult to progressively review each filter option. 

The Tabs were WAY better.

E.g. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.11.18 pm.png

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

Ahhh, I'm sorry, you are on JIRA Cloud and the filter that you are referring to is the Quick Filters on the boards. I was looking at the wrong part of the JIRA. 

For the new UI on JIRA Cloud, our team is still working on refining it and are continually looking for customer feedback on this interface.

You can leave feedback in regards to these changes by using the link in your profile menu on the bottom left of when in your Jira Cloud instance. I would encourage you to leave feedback in this manner, as our development team working on this project will use those feedback reports to better understand how users are utilizing this new UI and prioritize changes to the interface.

Suggest an answer