Is it possible to re-order sub-tasks in a kanban board

Andrew Muehlfeld March 18, 2020

I can drag sub-tasks between columns in a kanban board, but I can't reorder them the way I can with tasks that are not sub-tasks.  Is there a way to reorder sub-tasks within a column on a kanban board?

3 answers

0 votes
Shay Cohen March 5, 2021

+1

0 votes
Heinrich Graupner February 23, 2021

Dear Jira Developing team

This is also a major problem for our organization and creating a big resistance towards Jira in some of our departments. 

We need this bug fixed as soon as possible, please.

Regards

Heinrich

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing using the details you provided, I was able to move sub-tasks on a single column to change its order, but I'm not sure if that's the same you asked.

Can you please share with us your board? Just make sure to hide private information.

Is it happening to all boards?

Regards,
Angélica

leonid-123 January 22, 2021

I have the same issue as the author described.

I am able to order the tasks and stories within one column, but am Unable to reorder the sub-tasks. 

Neither manual drag and drop nor Sent to -> top of the column / Bottom of the column works.

I have the following query:

project = MMT AND issuetype in (Task, Sub-task, Sub-design) AND component = Design ORDER BY Rank ASC

Lexi Holder January 22, 2021

So the only thing that I have been able to do to reorder subtasks is to move the other tasks below or above it, which accomplishes the same thing, it just takes forever. Hopefully they fix this soon!

Like Julien Benzimra likes this
Alexion Software February 16, 2021

Same here! Any solution? Or should I work differently with sub-tasks. We want to use it as a follow up for a normal issue the programmers did, like sending an invoice to a customer or calling them to ask more info about the requierments.

moving sub-task.PNG

Suggest an answer