Is it possible to pull an Epic Description into a Tempo Timesheets report?

Pete Bagdon December 14, 2020

Does anyone know if I can pull in the EPIC description to Tempo Timesheet reporting? When I pull the Excel report I am able to see the Issue Key (Epic name and #) and Issue Summary - however I am unable to pull over the Description content.

We are using Server. Any thoughts? TIA for any guidance/suggestions. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2020

Hi @Pete Bagdon ,

In the current version of Tempo, it is not possible to include the Description when exporting a Report to Excel. 

Additional custom fields can be added to the Excel export by selecting them in JIRA Administration, Manage Apps, Custom fields (in the Tempo section), but the Description field is not available.

You can create a feature request for this in our Tempo Ideas portal, https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas and it will be evaluated by the Tempo Product Management team.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Pete Bagdon December 17, 2020

Thanks Susanne!

pv.gazhev December 2, 2021

Why in Tempo didn't create possibility to include the Description when exporting a Report to Excel?  

Rob_Huntley_Tempo December 2, 2021

You can access the description field using the Jira REST API and merging the Jira data with the Tempo data in Excel as an additional column.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

You can solve this export use case with Better Excel Exporter.

It is integrated with Tempo (therefore it can work with Tempo managed worklogs) and also with Jira Software (therefore it can work with the Jira Software managed custom field values like "Epic" values).

(Discl. I am a developer working on this app.)

Suggest an answer