Is it possible to paste some vertical videos such as mobile screen recordings 18.5x9 etc.?

Timur Grishukov September 13, 2019

Every time i get this notification, it's annoying, i did't use formatting.image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hi Timur,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I would like to make some questions:

• Is this issue happening only when adding comments/description with text + videos?
  • What is the video file format?
  • Is it happening for description and comment fields?
  • I see that you are adding a text in another language, can you try adding a sample text in English?
  • Are you the only user facing this issue?
  • When did this issue start?

Sorry for all the questions, but this will help us to use the same steps on a test instance to find out if it’s a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Timur Grishukov September 17, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz.

• Yes, it happens when I add text and video, or just video.
  • Video is 720x1440 .MP4
  • Yes, it happening for description and comment fields
  • This situation also occurs for the English locale.
  • "Are you the only user facing this issue?" Other people in my company do not need at adding video.
  • Issue start a hour before I public the issue. I did not need this before, as soon as I needed to add a video, I got this problem
Timur Grishukov September 18, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz 

So, now i can paste the video, it's better then nothing, but now it's a little useless because pasted video looks gigant for standard 1080 display, and not possible see full picture 

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Thank you for the details.

Related to not able to save the comment, there are two bugs that may be related, please check the details to confirm if it’s one of them:

Regarding your last comment, this is a known issue in the new issue view, you can find the details on the bug below:

No, I have not encountered these problems. It does not look like one of them.

I don’t know if you did something, but now the video is being added without error and this is enough to share with my team. Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2019

That's awesome!

I didn't do anything, but I'm glad that you are able to add the videos.

If you face this issue again, please, open the developer tools on your browser to check if it shows any further details and send here on this thread for us to investigate.

@Angélica Luz 

Bad news, problem still here. Now i tried to paste using "file and imgs btn", and din't use any format of text.Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 00.12.50.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2019

Thank you, Timur.

I found other bugs that might be related, but I'm not sure if this fits with what you are facing.

I need to ask more questions for you for me to replicate here:

• Are these videos recorded directly on a cellphone? 
  • Have you tested other types of videos? If not, can you test?
  • Have you tested using another browser?
Timur Grishukov September 23, 2019

Hi, @Angélica Luz .

First issue Cannot upload video ... is similar to mine.

For your questions:

• Yes, i use Screen recorder app
  • I tried to record some video on phone camera, tried to drag n drop it to editor frame and get the same issue
  • Tried it in Mozilla and get same negative result
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Hi Timur,

Thank you for the information.

I installed this app on my phone and recorded a video, then I transferred the video to my computer and I was able to add and save the video on a ticket.

We will need to further investigate the issue by checking a HAR file and as this file contains sensitive information, I created a ticket with our support so only us and you have access.

You should have received a notification and soon someone will contact you.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Timur Grishukov likes this

Suggest an answer