Is it possible to move stories only without subtasks on the active sprint board?

Tali May 16, 2016

Hi,

i created new columns in the active sprint board screen, and i would like to update the stories to each work flow by toggling it and moving, exactly like doing with the subtasks (created the workflow for each story as well)

is it possible to view only the stories in this board ? without the sub tasks..

see attached pic:

board2.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2016

Sub-tasks are included on a board with their parents - it's nonsense to do it any other way.

If you don't want to use them on the board, then change the board filter to have a clause "and issuetype in standardIssueTypes()"

This is somewhat clunky as it completely excludes them from the board, making it impossible to work with them at all - you might as well change the project setups and remove the subtask issue types completely to prevent users using them.

A better option would be to have a quick filter with JQL of "issuetype in standardIssueTypes()" - users can then click on it to hide all the sub-tasks on a board without losing them.

motherg May 17, 2016

This is what we practice as well - good shout on that query format, I did it as != sub-task but that's because we only have one sub-task type on my project. You're query is the correct option so I'll update mine.

Suggest an answer