• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to move issues from one JIRA OnDemand project to a different project hosted on a different OnDemand instance

Is it possible to move issues from one JIRA OnDemand project to a different project hosted on a different OnDemand instance

We setup a JIRA OnDemand instance for a specific customer project (on instance from the customer) with the base URL containing the project name. The project is now complete, but we have been impressed by JIRA and would like to use it as our Issue Management system.

We need to change the base URL to our company name, however it appears you cannot do this in OnDemand. It appears you need to start with a new JIRA OnDemand instance to get new base URL. If we create a new instance, is there any way we can move the issues from the current JIRA OnDemand instance to the new JIRA OnDemand instance? We would like to retain the body of knowledge contained in the existing issues and fixes.

I know you can do a CSV export/import but we will lose a lot of the information contained in the existing issues. Is there another way to do this?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Have you tried using JIRA DB export/import to achieve that ?

Hi Boris

I can't seem to find any documentation on Jira DB. It this feature available for JIRA OnDemand?

This widget could not be displayed.

Created a new OnDemand instance. Then exorted the content for the original site and imported the content into the new OnDemand instance

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

290 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you