Is it possible to move a gadget from a dashboard to another ?

helene cluzeau June 24, 2012

Hi all,

I want to know if it's possible to move only one gadget from a dashboard to another (drag and drop or something else) because I'm not interested by copying the whole dashboard.

Thanks in advance,

helene

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2012

Actually, there is a case where you can move a gadget.

If you own or can write to both dashboards, then you can drag a gadget from one dashboard and drop it on the name tab of the other one. It will then move to the bottom of the target and you can re-arrange it as normal.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

Can we also move from default dashboard to others? I think that is what I tried and didn't work.

Thank you but I have created two dashboards, then I have added a gadget on one of the dashboard and I'm trying to drag the gadget on the other dashboard but it does not work (the tab name of the second dashboard is still lock). There is a permission to add ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

interesting. Got to try it!

ravi May 4, 2015

hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] i've tried doing the same for moving the gadget from one dashboard to another but when i pulled the gadget onto the name of the other dashboard , it didn't show up on any other dashboard. Can you please let me know how , i have the read/write permissions for both .

Ramya Mure October 18, 2016

Hey @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I tried this but it didn't work. By the name tab of the dashboard do you mean the side bar which shows the list of of your favourite dashboards?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

Er, 2012...

Later versions of JIRA have changed.

Ramya Mure October 18, 2016

Yeah, LOL. Sorry, I saw that after I posted it. I don't know why the removed such a useful functionality. sad

0 votes
Rumceisz December 2, 2013

Is it still impossible?

JIRA 6?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2012

Nope. You will have to either copy the dashboard or delete & recreate.

ok, thank you !

ravi May 2, 2015

i have copied the dashboard . now which option do i need to choose to paste this dashboard ?

tollybobs July 12, 2015

Once you copy, a page will display allowing to create a new dashboard which will use the copied dashboard as starting point. After that process you can delete the unwanted gadgets while leaving out the gadgets you originally plan to copy. Hope this helps. :)

Suggest an answer