Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is it possible to minimise details shown per issue card in Kanban board?

I can find lots of info on adding fields, or showing additional details for each issue card - but I cannot find anything on how to show LESS info.

In his Kanban Board, my boss would like to only see issue titles/summary for each issue card (not issue type, priority or any extra fields). This way he can see many cards in one large overview, for a bigger-picture-planning approach.

Is this possible, in Jira, somehow?

Or is there a similar way to display or manage our issues, through Jira or a plug-in?

I appreciate any comments.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

You cannot remove default fields in cards on a board. With that said I think the right answer for your boss would be to create a dashboard. This way you can create all sorts of different views for the issues at hand. More importantly you can customize what data is actually displayed.

Thanks Jack for your reply. I feared as much... but it's good to have it confirmed, if nothing else.

Yes, I suggested dashboards, but the downside is that tasks cannot be managed in a dashboard (as far as I know), he cannot move them from one status to another, place on hold etc. But thanks anyway!

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 29, 2022

That is correct OOTB there is no gadget that allow you to transition issues. there are Marketplace apps that do provide this capability I believe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you