Is it possible to migrate from Service-Now to Jira Service Desk?

Gaurav Gupta February 8, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Ewa Boloczko December 12, 2017

On the other hand...is it possible to do the opposite? From JIRA to SN?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Yes, but it's painful, expensive and pointless, as JSD is better than Service Now for most cases. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Yes, but they're a bit different in their setups, so you're going to need to decide how you want to use the new service desk install and then work out what you want to carry over (if anything)

Gaurav Gupta February 8, 2016

Thanks for your response. I understand both differ in their setup, but being niche in this area can you point me out some help strategy of how to approach this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2016

First, work out what you want to "migrate". 

The easiest solution is to set up JIRA Service Desk and simply start using it as intended.  You can leave all the old stuff in Service Now, and just tell users they can't create new things in there.  It'll eventually fall out of use and you can archive it

Things get more complex if you want to take stuff out of the old system.  The questions here you'll need to think through are:

1) What do you want to take?  Everything?  Just open stuff?

2) What can you export from there so that you can create some form of import into JIRA?

Like Abhilash likes this
Gaurav Gupta February 9, 2016

Thanks! That helps and gives me good start point to work thru.

Suggest an answer