Is it possible to make number fields editable to a certain group of users?

Right now, we currently have five custom number fields and one custom calculated number field that tallies the values of the five number fields. What we want to do is make those five fields editable to a certain group of users and read-only to everyone else. Is this possible?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Ah, I think what you want is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330

I don't think that Atlassian is going to implement this any time soon and you can find more information on the issue.

Joe Pitt Community Champion May 12, 2016

The work-around is to put the fields on a screen presented in a transition going back to the same status and restrict the transition to a role or group. Then put the transition on any status where they may need to update the fields.

Also remove the fields from the Edit screen.

Appreciate everyone's responses. We're using the Field Security Plugin from Quisapps. This will accomplish our goal. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you