Is it possible to make custom fields and workflow transitions depending on specific fields?

Bret Gillan October 24, 2014

What I would like to do is create a boolean custom field, and then create a kind of gate field that is enabled when the boolean is true and disabled when it is false. When enabled only users of a certain elevated role (say administrators) can resolve the ticket. Otherwise developers and the normal users who should be able to can resolve it.

I know this is a bit complex, but does anyone know how this might be implemented in Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2014

Yes, but you might need the jira-utilities plugin (free). I always install it so I forget what all it gives me. I do this all the time. I've setup of approvals by having a transition that comes back to the status for each role needing to approve it restricted to that role that presents a yes/no approval choice that is required. Then when all the approval fields are set to yes a transition to the next step is allowed.

0 votes
Bret Gillan October 28, 2014

Thanks Joseph! Which JIRA Utilities plugin is this? I see one by beecom, ServiceRocket, Go2Group.

Suggest an answer