Is it possible to make all filters on a dashboard inherit from the dashboard share?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2016

I create a lot of dashboards and I find it cumbersome to make each filter shared and then make the dashboard shared. I always get ping by users that certain filters aren't shared. It seems to me that Atlassian should have a checkbox on the Edit and Share Dashboard screen to force Share inheritance or at least there should be some visual display indicating if a filter is private/public.

That said, before I open an improvement request w/ Atlassian (maybe there is one) has anyone found another way to deal with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Hi @Jack Brickey,

We have the same problem. You need to remember to share each and every filter on the dashboard with the users. But unfortunately there is no way around it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2016

yep...I'm going to open a support case for this request.

Suggest an answer