Is it possible to make a transition trigger respect the transition validators?

Robert McBride April 14, 2015

I have created a workflow that has a transition from In Review to Resolved.

This transition has a trigger, when a Stash Pull Request is Merged, then the JIRA will transition to Resolved.

The transition also has a validator that ensures that a few specific fields are filled out before it will allow the transition to Resolved.

However, when the Pull Request is Merged, it transitions to Resolved even if the validator doesn't pass.

Is it possible to make the trigger respect the validator? And is it possible to make it so the Merge won't go through if the validator fails?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Robert,

At the moment, triggers will not respect conditions and validators as described on: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+workflow+triggers

When a transition is triggered automatically, it ignores any conditions, validators or permissions configured on the transition.

However, post functions are still executed. You need to be careful that if your post function requires a user, that your transition will not be executed by an anonymous user (see user mapping section above).

Robert McBride April 16, 2015

Thanks for the answer, this is what I figured. Is there any future plan to have the triggers respect the validators? Is there a bug report or feature request or something that I can follow? Do you know of any add-ons that can help us get close to this functionality?

Sharon Leung July 5, 2018

Looking for an answer to the same question as well. Is the issue resolved already in 2018?

Cheers,

Sharon 

Suggest an answer