Is it possible to make a Group Picker Custom Field non-searchable?

Rupa Jain April 13, 2017

Hi,

I am using a Group Picker Custom field in my Jira project say 'XYZ'.

Is it possible to make it non-searchable when using advanced Search (JQL)?

I have tried setting its 'Search Template' to 'None', but that does not seem to work and gives an error:

Search Template cannot be set to 'None' because this custom field is used in the following Permission Scheme(s): ABC Permission Scheme

How can I make this feild non searchable? So that if a user types a query no options should be displayed in the query panel:
XYZ="

Thanks,

Rupa

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

The permission scheme requires the field to be searchable otherwise it will not work.  If it can't search the field, it can't know who can see the issue.

If you want to make the field unsearchable, you will need to remove it from the permission scheme, then you'll be able to remove the searcher from it.

Rupa Jain April 13, 2017

We just want to restrict its JQL searchability for a group of jira users. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

The values for the Group picker custom field do not show up in the 'Basic' Search. They are only displayed when typing query for 'Advanced' Search.

Suggest an answer