Is it possible to log into as another user from the administrator profile to see actually what the user will see or not see?

Alex Moleiro February 3, 2013

Hello:

I log into Jira as Administrator. When I created a user I always concern about what he actually will be able to access. Is is possible to log as a user to see what actually can do rather than login with their real credentials?

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Moleiro February 10, 2013

Thank you all for answer my question. I would prefer a builtin solutions but it seems that it is not arrive yet.

1 vote
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

There is also the plugin "JIRA SU" which does exactly what you're asking for. :)

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

yes

install the script runner plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

afterwards you can use its internal function to switch

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

sorry i mixed up sth before so i had to edit my answer to be correct.

you will need the script runner to achieve this

Alex Moleiro February 3, 2013

Thank you. I'll check it and see.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Alex, this is not possible in JIRA without a plugin :(

Otherwise, if you have internal user management, reset the password of the user to what ever you want and later inform the user to reset it himself.

0 votes
Alex Moleiro February 4, 2013

Doesn't fit to much the answers to my question. I do prefer a builtin funcionality in Jira or Confluence rather than insallting plugin attached to a certain versions.

Thank you anyway.

0 votes
Alex Moleiro February 4, 2013

Thank for your answer but it is a bit annoying if I should log into using all the variety of credentials. Thank you anyway.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Hi Alex, do it as I suggested. That does not need a plugin installation.

Cheers Udo

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

On a side note, if you are looking at permissions for a user, this plugin will help without switching the user - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Set up an user by your own with the desired permission / group membership. Then log in with this user.

Suggest an answer