• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to log into as another user from the administrator profile to see actually what the user will see or not see?

Is it possible to log into as another user from the administrator profile to see actually what the user will see or not see?

Hello:

I log into Jira as Administrator. When I created a user I always concern about what he actually will be able to access. Is is possible to log as a user to see what actually can do rather than login with their real credentials?

9 answers

1 accepted

Thank you all for answer my question. I would prefer a builtin solutions but it seems that it is not arrive yet.

yes

install the script runner plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

afterwards you can use its internal function to switch

sorry i mixed up sth before so i had to edit my answer to be correct.

you will need the script runner to achieve this

Thank you. I'll check it and see.

There is also the plugin "JIRA SU" which does exactly what you're asking for. :)

Set up an user by your own with the desired permission / group membership. Then log in with this user.

On a side note, if you are looking at permissions for a user, this plugin will help without switching the user - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin

Hi Alex, do it as I suggested. That does not need a plugin installation.

Cheers Udo

Thank for your answer but it is a bit annoying if I should log into using all the variety of credentials. Thank you anyway.

Doesn't fit to much the answers to my question. I do prefer a builtin funcionality in Jira or Confluence rather than insallting plugin attached to a certain versions.

Thank you anyway.

Alex, this is not possible in JIRA without a plugin :(

Otherwise, if you have internal user management, reset the password of the user to what ever you want and later inform the user to reset it himself.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

708 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you