Is it possible to link/synchronise an on-premise instance Jira with an on-demand instance of Jira?

Liam Smith February 14, 2013

We're running Jira and Confluence internally at the moment and it's working really well.

For the main project I am using JIRA for, we have an external contractor who is the main developer, whose only access at the moment is to dial in via vpn to be able to view Jira.

Is it possible to synchronise the project from our on premise Jira to an on demand Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013
Liam Smith February 20, 2013

Thanks Razaq, I also got a confirmation from Atlassian that let me know it isn't really possible to keep an on demand and an on premise in synch easily so I'll let it go for now.

Your point is valid for everyone else though ;)

2 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 28, 2019

Hi, 

I'm part of Deviniti team. 

You can use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. It works for:
- cloud
- server
- data center deployments and supports different Jira version 6, 7, 8 and Jira editions
- Core
- Software
- Service Desk.

You setup whole integration via UI and you can let your project administrator's to setup/tune own synchronization for remote Jira connections prepared by sys admin before.

If you have questions, please contact us.

Cheers,
Łukasz

Suggest an answer