Is it possible to link one Fisheye repository to more than one JIRA project?

Alastair Bain May 23, 2012

In the Fisheye/Crucible mappings section of the Jira Fisheye plugin, I don't see all of the mappings I've configured. It appears that you can only have a one to one mapping. We use one Jira project per product, and we frequently have multiple products hosted in one repository, and also the opposite, a single product split over multiple repositories. It doesn't seem like this is currently supported. In the "Source" tab of some Jira issues, I just get the following: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified repository <repo name> is not currently configured for jira project <project name>" .

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alastair Bain November 6, 2013

Answering with a non-answer because I'm sick of getting nagged by the Atlassian answers automated emails. My question was not a duplicate of 56233, which was about connecting multiple repositories to one project.

childnode November 6, 2013

ok, I see the other way round FeCru > Jira not Jira > Fecru ;)

did you read https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/WgbSEQ and https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/JQyDFw ?

Project links

We do not recommend the use of project links with FishEye 2.9 and later, if you have JIRA 5.0 or later as well as the latest version of the JIRA FishEye Plugin. This is because application links now provide all of the functionality previously available with project links. However, project links are retained for the following reasons:

• Setting up project links provides a way to restrict the scope of JIRA searches to a specific FishEye repository.
  • Legacy configurations can continue to use project links without any need for changes.
  • Third-party plugins may continue to rely on project links for their functionality.

See Configuring Project Links across Applications.

Q: which version is used and where do which links do not appear?

0 votes
childnode October 30, 2013

Suggest an answer