Is it possible to link an Excel document on a Confluence page so that all modifications are seen?

Soumia Zehri October 12, 2017

I am trying to link multiple excel pages on a Confluence page. I am trying to see if some changes are made on the Excel files on my desktop if the changes could also be reflected on the documents attached on the Confluence page. I want to avoid to have to reupload the Excel documents every time and rather find a way to override the documents at regular schedule.

Please let me know if possible or if there are other alternatives.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Hi Soumia,

The Office Connector does that exact thing. If you attach an Excel file in Confluence, and edit using the Office Connector, it allows you to open the file from Confluence directly in Office, edit it, and then it saves back to the Confluence page.

Please review the article there and let me know if you have any questions about that functionality.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Soumia Zehri October 13, 2017

Thanks for the response. I am already using that function :) All in all, I was wondering if I could host the Excel documents on my desktop and make bulk edits which would be reflected eventually on the Excel documents in my Confluence page. Hope this clears out my initial question.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Soumia,

No problem! For that I would recommend using WebDAV. You'll need to keep the file stored in WebDAV on the server where it is, and you can edit these on Excel. It organizes them in a way that is easy to find and access, unlike the Hierarchical File System that Confluence is using to store page attachments.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Like Ronald Grover likes this
Ronald Grover March 25, 2022

Since it has been 5 years from this post, are there any updates? This is exactly what I want to do. I want the Confluence page to show 1 tab from a workbook which lives on my computer. This embed needs to automatically update when changes are made, when the confluence page is opened or reloaded.

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Ronald Grover ,

Maybe it happens so that your company uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (you may check for the Table Filter macro in the macrobrowser).

The add-on also provides the Table from CSV macro that allows you to output tables from Google Spreadsheets via URL.

Hope this may help your case.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer