Is it possible to limit issue visibility by issue type without running a script?

Maxwell Dykes September 12, 2017

On my projects, I have multiple issue types, and two groups: groups A and B. I want to configure JIRA such that group A can see all issue types and group B can only see issues of type Story.

I've been playing around with issue security schemes and workflows to try to find a solution, but so far it seems that any solution requires using ScriptRunner. I tried the solution proposed in the top answer here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/restrict-visibility-by-issue-type/qaq-p/601215

But since there is no existing post-function in JIRA that allows you to set issues to a given security level, I think I would have to use ScriptRunner to run a custom post-function. The closest I can find is "Set issue security level based on user's project role." But this sets the issue security level based on the user's project role.

So, is there a way to set the security level of issues in a project by type without using ScriptRunner?

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

If it is possible to use user's project roles to set issue security level you can create a Role A (and assign group A to it) and Role B (and assign group B to it), right?

Suggest an answer