Is it possible to integrate BambooHR with JIRA?

Raymond Saliba August 18, 2016

Hi,

I would like to integrate BambooHR into JIRA so that for example when I create an issue/task in JIRA and I assign it to an individual and that individual happens to be on leave on a certain date that will affect the deadline/delivery of a project.

I would like JIRA to be smart enough to check with BambooHR if the assigned individual/s will be available during the selected period and let me know if the given deadline period for development is ideal for example. I want JIRA to give me feedback to increase the development time frame in case I have my developers on leave or are sick for example.

Also would like possibility of related reporting - if possible.

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2020

This is a very old post, but I thought I'd mention we are working on this currently and will have a beta ready in the next couple of weeks if you're interested in trying it out! :) 

Mia Ferguson June 9, 2020

Hi Nigel!
I'd love to hear about trying this integration out. Would you keep me posted on the timeline as we are automating our onboarding pipeline? 

Mia 

Like Nigel Rochford likes this
Chris Hall June 29, 2020

I'd like to know more about this and trying it out too.

Eugene G July 6, 2020

Hi Nigel!

Is there any news regarding integration plugin?

Regards.

Sol Battisti August 6, 2020

Hi Nigel! I would like to know more about this integration for onboarding logistics. Thanks! 

Amy Michalczyk August 11, 2020

I would also love to be part of the beta.  Let me know how I can make that happen.  Thanks.  

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2020

Hi all,

@Mia Ferguson @Raymond Saliba @Chris Hall @Eugene G @Sol Battisti @Amy Michalczyk @Irene Romero 

A quick update to let you know that this app is now live on the Marketplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223438/bamboohr-integration-for-jira 

It's initially for Server (DC coming shortly) with a Cloud app following next Spring.

With the integration, you can:

• configure which request types to sync and how often
  • auto-sync time-off requests to Jira issues and user profiles
  • sync time-off to the most popular planning apps including Tempo Planner and BigPicture

We're really keen to see how you get on - please feel free to reach out to us at app-support@newverveconsulting.com if you have suggestions for improvements or general questions about the app.

Cheers,
Nigel

Mason Bednarczyk October 29, 2020

@Nigel Rochford do you have any updates on the integration? Im interested in the Beta.

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
November 6, 2020

Indeed @Mason Bednarczyk  :) You can check it out now on the marketplace - we've just gone live!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223438/bamboohr-integration-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Initially for Server (DC shortly), and then Cloud next year.

Nofar November 8, 2020

Hi @Nigel Rochford thanks for the info,

I would love to know when the cloud version will come out to test it.

Like # people like this
Mason Bednarczyk November 9, 2020

@Nigel Rochford I am also interested in the timeline for the Cloud version. Thanks!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
October 19, 2020

Hi all.

Following a successful Beta period for this app, it's now available on the Marketplace for free trial. We will be adding DC compatibility before the end of the year with a Cloud app following in 2021. 

BambooHR Integration for Jira, can enhance user experience by:

• Easily connecting Jira to BambooHR® and configuring which absence request types to synchronize
  • Automatically synchronizing time-off requests to Jira issues and user profiles
  • Providing powerful integrations for the most popular planning apps including Tempo Planner and BigPicture

Download now!

Nigel

Deleted user February 15, 2021

Hello Nigel,

We are in 2021 when will it be possible to have the cloud version of this integration available? 

Thanks ! 

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
February 24, 2021

We'll keep you posted on progress over the Spring :) We are not ready yet to announce a release date but will keep you all informed in this post!

Mark Miglio June 3, 2021

Any news on Cloud ETA? Thank you @Nigel Rochford 

0 votes
George Mihailoff June 23, 2020

You need to look into the root of the issue here -- why would you pre-assign tasks in the first place? In Kanban, for example, you use the "pull" approach where people pull tasks from the queue when they are ready to take the next task. Even if you have highly specialized individuals the "pull" approach still holds.

0 votes
Irene Romero June 22, 2020

Hello,

Please share the beta integration future. We would also like to integrate BambooHR with JIRA. 

Thanks,

Irene 

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
August 31, 2020

Hi @Irene Romero

Please email me at nigel@newverveconsulting.com for more information on how to participate. 

I'd also like to understand your use case! We've now launched the Beta for a period of 1 month so you can start testing :)

Cheers,
Nigel

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

@Raymond Saliba  - I've updated your question and tag to clarify this is about BambooHR rather than Atlassian's own Bamboo (a CI/CD server) wink

Suggest an answer