Is it possible to install on another local server in parallel JIRA 6.01?

Rusu Marius February 12, 2014

Hello,

I have already installed on a local server JIRA 6.01. From few weeks this server don't work very well, so I want to have a backup server. So, it is possible to install on another local server in paralel with the old one JIRA 6.01? Do I have to buy other new licenses?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Best regards,

Marius Rusu!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Yes, your licence for your *production* server entitles you to a development licence which you can use for building and testing the new machine before you move. It lets you have warm-standby server as well. Have a look at your licence on my.atlassian.com, there's a link to developer licences below the text of your main one

Rusu Marius February 12, 2014

So, I understand that if on my actual server I have 50 active licenses, on the backup server I will have only one developer license. It is correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Yes and no. You'll have one "developer" licence, but it's referring to what the server is for, not the people who use it. It'll match your production licence (so 50 users can use that server, just not for production issues)

Suggest an answer