Is it possible to install Jira, Confluence and HipChat on the same server?

maddotpink September 10, 2015

Can all 3 programs be installed on the same server? Is there anything special I need to do in order to use all 3?

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2015

Yes, you can.  Do NOT try to run them in the same container application though.  (Have one Tomcat for running JIRA and another for Confluence and so-on). 

There's nothing special you need to do other than make sure they're all running on different ports and you'll probably want to make sure you've got a decently powerful piece of hardware to run them on.

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

As Nic said, yes you can. That said, to keep it simple for the users, I've got all of them on separate servers so that I don't have to have any port specification or context in the URLs. Whenever I stand up a new server, I spend the time to weed OUT ports and context in URLs so users can have easy to remember destinations to get to the services. What I end up with, then, is URLs that only need to be typed on any browser as (for example) confluence.corpdomain.com or jira.corpdomain.com and let the app server figure out how to get it there for them.

0 votes
Allan Vig April 28, 2016

Just curious. How do you plan to run HipChat on the same server when you can only download HipChat as OVA/AMI image and not as a packages just like the other applications?

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi there,

Just be sure to run them on a different tomcat and with different databases/ports in order to not have conflicts between them.

Suggest an answer