Is it possible to install JIRA on MS Windows server 2012 R2?

Veena Peruvaje January 28, 2014

Hi,

1) I want to setup JIRA server locally. I want to know of it is possible install JIRA MS Windows server 2012 R2. Is there any possible issues if I install on Windows server 2012 R2?

2) I need to setup the server for fisheye also. Can I use the same JIRA server (Windows server 2012 R2) to install fisheye server?

Regards

Veena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

You can install them both on the same server, and whatever operating system you want can be used as long as it runs Java. Most recent releases of Windows are supported platforms too. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platformsfor details (if something isn't listed, it's not supported, but it might still work fine)

I'm afraid "is there any possible issues" is not really answerable beyond telling you to read the notes on your chosen OS and version of the software you want to install. It depends on your hardware being capable, nothing unusual running on the machines, your network, your settings, etc etc etc.

Suggest an answer