Is it possible to install 2 version of Jira service in a single system??

Defny January 10, 2018

Hello All,

We have a test windows server and we have 7.1 jira version installed here. Now we want to install the latest version of jira in the same server keeping the older version intact. Is that possible? 

If yes. let me know if there is any disadvantages/advantages.

Thank you in Advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hello,

It is possible to install multiple Jira instances on the same server. They can be of the same version. You need to install the instances in different folders and start them up on different ports. The instances must have their own databases. As long as your server has enough resources (Memory, CPU) your instances will run fine.

Defny January 16, 2018

Thank you for your response. 

But what about the services?

wouldnt it be overwritten by the new version?

i have installed in different folders and with different ports. but my older version is not working now. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

do you install on Windows?

Defny January 18, 2018

yes.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2018

Have a look at jira installation directory. There is a bat file where the name of the service is defined. Change the name of the service and run the bat file. 

Defny January 23, 2018

Thank you for the information and help.

0 votes
Defny January 10, 2018

Also let me know if i install the jira both version in same server then will the services be same or it will be overwritten?

Suggest an answer