Is it possible to install 2 version of Jira service in a single system??

Hello All,

We have a test windows server and we have 7.1 jira version installed here. Now we want to install the latest version of jira in the same server keeping the older version intact. Is that possible? 

If yes. let me know if there is any disadvantages/advantages.

Thank you in Advance.

2 answers

Also let me know if i install the jira both version in same server then will the services be same or it will be overwritten?

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Hello,

It is possible to install multiple Jira instances on the same server. They can be of the same version. You need to install the instances in different folders and start them up on different ports. The instances must have their own databases. As long as your server has enough resources (Memory, CPU) your instances will run fine.

Thank you for your response. 

But what about the services?

wouldnt it be overwritten by the new version?

i have installed in different folders and with different ports. but my older version is not working now. 

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

do you install on Windows?

Have a look at jira installation directory. There is a bat file where the name of the service is defined. Change the name of the service and run the bat file. 

Thank you for the information and help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot