Is it possible to include a custom User Property in Tempo exports?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

I am adding a user property to associate JIRA users to associate IDs used in HR systems.  Can I include this field when exporting timesheets from Tempo?  

I see where I can specify the User Property to be used by Tempo, but it is not included by default in the timesheet exports, and cannot find a way to add it to the export.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

HI Brian,

the User Properties can not be added to the Excel export, but you can retrieve this data by using the XML export.
Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO0712/Tempo+Servlet+Manual for more information about the XML export. To retrieve all User Properties (if a user has other Properties than the Staff ID), you need to add the "addUserDetails=true" parameter to the URL.

Regards,

Susanne

Josh Kronick January 31, 2019

Susanne --

i am trying to do the same exact thing that this user's question states... add user properties to a report export in Tempo for JIRA Cloud.

does the servlet work with Tempo for JIRA Cloud?

please help! 

Thanks

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2019

Hi @Josh Kronick,

There is a version of the Tempo Servlet for Cloud, but it is not possible to retrieve the Staff ID with it. This functionality is not avaiable on Cloud. 

Please take a look at https://tempo-io.github.io/tempo-mtm-docs/ for information about the Tempo Servlet for Cloud.

Regards,
Susanne

Suggest an answer