Is it possible to import in Jira 4.4.5. an export made from 4.2.4 ?

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 11, 2014

Is it possible to import in Jira 4.4.5. an export made from 4.2.4 ? From 4.4.5 to 6.2.7 I succeded, but as I want to migrate from 4.2.4 to 6.2.7(war distribution), I have to pass thru 4.4.5, so for not use import export DB, I'd prefer to use export import

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

Yes, it's possible to import from JIRA 4.2.x to JIRA 4.4.5 in order to upgrade later to JIRA 6.2.  wink

For more details, take a look at JIRA's 4.4.x upgrade documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Upgrading+JIRA

-- Pedro

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 12, 2014

Hi thanks for fast response. I made backup from 4.2.4 .. and after tried tu import in a 4.4.5 version of jira. But it said that can't find entities.xml and so the restore failed MCTibi

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2014

When you say that you've made the backup, can you detail the steps taken and also what was the output file?

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 13, 2014

I enter in 4.2.4, Administration -> Backup Jira data, I put backup as zip.. I chose a name like backup42Test.zip and launch the backup.. than in 4.4.5 with new instalation, instead of customise I choose to import data from backup, and in that moment it says that entities.xml can not be found in my zip file

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2014

What are the files inside the Zip?

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 14, 2014

inside the zip made by export from 4.2.4 is only one file, an xml, with the same name of the zip

Suggest an answer