Is it possible to hide user groups in the group-picker field.

vinitswar January 21, 2013

I was wondering if there is any way in which I could hide user groups in the GROUP PICKER CUSTOM FIELD. This feature would eventually be required as I have created user groups based on departments. Work allotment rights are also configured by these user groups. Now two companies are going to have the same department(eg. SALES). Temporarily I have attached a prefix to the department group belonging to my company. But the end user could pick a department belonging to the other company leading to the issue being hidden in search filters that I have set.

It would be helpful if the user could see groups that I want him to see so that there is no issue of an erroneous input.

3 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
0 votes
vinitswar January 23, 2013

Okay, thanks. will try that.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Do you want to show the user only those groups which he belongs to ?

vinitswar January 21, 2013

No. I want to show the groups that I want him to see. He would be belonging to a project in a multi project scheme. But there would be administrators belonging to multiple projects.

I can't even save a filter to display groups. I could have added a Prefix to the group have displayed groups based on the prefix. But the filter has to be typed each time I open the group filter. This is no good.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Ok , how are you going to define which user should see which group ?

You will need the behaviours plugin for this , you will need to write a server side groovy script which will check if the current user and based on that display only those groups which you want him to see .

Refer this similar example

Bharath Natarajan October 24, 2017

Can you update the example link, I hope it no longer exist

Suggest an answer