Is it possible to hide the Workflow button in an issue screen using Atlassian On Demand?

John Schultz December 13, 2013

I wish to hide the Workflow button on the issue screen so users don't have to click the dropdown to see the one additional transition out of that state. It appears there is a way to do this if you are running JIRA locally, but we are using AOD. I've used opsbar-sequence to reorder the transition buttons so the least-used option is the one hidden under the Workflow button, but I'm hoping for a better solution. Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
John Schultz December 15, 2013

Thanks Dora, I'll get that entered later this morning!

0 votes
John Schultz December 15, 2013

Thanks Nic. I need to reword what I said a bit better (although your answer still applies) in that I shouldn't have said I want to hide the Workflow button, I just want it gone so all workflow options for that state are visible without the Worklow button.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2013

Oh, right!

Well, there's a simple flag in Jira's properties, called something quite obvious (like opsbar.workflow.max) and if you set it to a silly high number, or zero, then all workflow options get shown, with no "workflow" drop down. Most sites I know of have asked for it to be increased to at least 3 and often 4.

But, you can't set it on OnDemand, you're stuck with 2.

Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

John, actually, OnDemand Support can make the change for you. Open a case at support.atlassian.com, and let us know how many buttons would you like to be displayed and when we could schedule the maintenance (it'll take about 15 minutes).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2013

Ah, I didn't know you allowed that. I'll change my notes :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2013

The workflow button appears only when a user has more than two options in a workflow. The stuff you've read about increasing that doesn't apply to AOD as you say.

It's actually a bit dumb to hide it when your users have more options, because if you genuinely want them to only have two, you should do that with proper workflow design. But, although I can't fix AOD for you, I do agree that the number should be a) higher and b) more easily configurable (I don't think I've ever set it to less than 3)

Suggest an answer