Is it possible to hide the Service Desk Customers from the JIRA assign field?

Craig Day October 11, 2016

Currently, in our JIRA, when you create a task and go to the Assignee the list of options includes ALL of our JIRA Service Desk customers; which are not actually assignable people. It really causes some confusion internally. Is there a way I can hide this from all projects except for the JSD?

2 answers

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

This is a function of the permissions settings, you need to go over how you have set up the customer and organisation visibility.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Can you point me to the JSD configuration page that allows to change that?

I was not able to find such settings by myself.

How can I hide customers from JSD from the rest of the Jira users?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2016

Check the permission scheme for the project(s) - I suspect you'll find the permission "assignable user" will say something very wide-ranging like "anyone", "all logged in users" or "JIRA users".  You should use that to narrow it down to something more suitable, such as "people who are in the role of developers in this project"

Craig Day October 11, 2016

Great, thanks!

Craig Day October 31, 2016

Just checked and we are still having this issue. It looks like the Assignable Users is set properly to a group with only our team members in it. Somewhere else I can look for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2016

Could you show us the exact line of permission for "assignable user" in the project permission scheme?  If it mentions roles, then also check who is in that role in the project.   (Feel free to change the names if you need to hide things)

Also, could we have a look at the roles in the service desk setup?  Who, for example is in the "service desk customers" roles

Suggest an answer