Is it possible to have two jira server with two different licence model to sync?

Hello JIRA Friends,

for security reasons we don't want give user from outside the company a direct JIRA access. That's why we think about a second JIRA server. My question is, is it possible two sync two different JIRA server with different licence models? Second question is, have anybody any experience with syncronisation of two JIRA instances? If yes which plugin is recommended?

We use JIRA version 5.2.11.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Hüseyin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

You can take a look at ConnectAll. We have used ConnectAll to sync different JIRAs, with different license schemes, hosting models (Cloud vs Server) etc.

Jobin, thats sound good. You mean different license models are possible if we set up a new jira server with reduced user licenses?

Yes. You can also map the users if you want.

your problem is "for security reasons we don't want give user from outside the company a direct JIRA access". I don't see why you need two JIRA with (of course) two licences.

Did you try permission scheme, security level, grouping them etc?

Hello Hariz,

according to our company policy everybody has tow accounts to login outside the company. Thats why we think about another solution.

Regards

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

233 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you