Is it possible to have some sort of drop down filter for the backlog?

jira December 3, 2015

I'm searching for a way to easily filter the backlog on demand.  We have several project managers giving input into one backlog.  These project managers want to filter stories and epics related to their own project in order to set the ranking.  Quick filters are not suitable, as we would have to add a filter for every new project.

The best would be either a drop-down list, or a sidewidget similar to the versions and epics.

Is there any solution?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

Quick Filters is your best route I guess.

I'm a bit concern on why you can't use it and what you mean by "Quick filters are not suitable, as we would have to add a filter for every new project.". Does this mean you only use One Board for each JIRA Project? 

jira December 3, 2015

We only have one JIRA project, as we only have one development team and one software system.  Therefore we only have one backlog.

You don't have to stick with the term "project" in my first post.  Just think of a filter for components, or any other parameter.  As far as I see, it is only possible to define a fixed filter and activate or deactivate it.  But I would like to have some sort of filtering in the backlog, where the user can select between various values, like a drop down menu, or maybe similar to the way, versions and epics can be selected.

We have about 30+ components.  It would be a mess to add a quick filter for each of them.

Suggest an answer