Is it possible to have different workflows for email requests?

Deleted user October 17, 2016

Hello,

I have some problems to set up JIRA service desk (as i am new to JIRA service desk):

one source sends requests via email to my JIRA service desk (only this source creates tickets, no other "customers" are available in this case). All these emails need to be handled in a different way: some of them need third party support (e.g. they need to be forwarded automaticaly to a kanban board), some of them need our internal support. At the end, all tickets should be tested and moved to done by us. 

How can I set up different workflows based on these emails? I know that i can triage email request (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/01/automatically-triage-email-requests). But this doesn't help me, as JIRA only allows me to set up  different workflows based on issue types and not based on request types.

Does anybody of you have a good idea how to set it up?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

The only way to do it is have the emails create a different issue type.  I'm afraid your last sentence describes how it works - JIRA doesn't care how things are raised, just what the issue type is.

Deleted user October 17, 2016

Thanks for your fast reply!

How can emails create different issue types? In the automation setup, i haven't found anything to change the issue type, only request types. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

The only way to do it for Requests is to have a request type that is mapped to a different issue type.  (In plain non-service-desk JIRA email handlers, you can set the issue type in the handler.  JSD asks you to set the request type which is then mapped to an issue type)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events