Is it possible to have customers (Not JIRA users) without the Service Desk add-on?

B Morling October 14, 2014

Is it possible to have customers (Not JIRA users) without the Service Desk add-on? There's no other functionality we would benefit from in SD other than the licencing fix of having customers not counted against the licence, similar to how the livening was done previously...

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

Blake,

You could create your customers as inactive users in JIRA (don't give them the JIRA Users Global Permission).

This allows you to still have their email/username on file. And you can even use them as reporters and send out emails to them.

Best regards,

Peter

2 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2014

The customer user type directly relates to the Service Desk add-on. Without the add-on, this type of users can not be used in JIRA.

0 votes
B Morling October 15, 2014

I just read the next tick box... "Notify Users"

"If Create Users is set and Notify Users is checked new JIRA users will receive a notification that their account has been created via email."
Thanks again for your help.
0 votes
B Morling October 15, 2014

Thanks Peter!

That is exactly what I needed. The last issue I have is the notification when users have been created by the mail handler. These users will never be able to log into the system, I simply want them to get the notifications to stop the service desk staff from having to work out of JIRA as well as a shared mailbox. Is there any way to stop the new user notification being sent to the new users? It's not part of the notification scheme. 

Suggest an answer