Is it possible to have a check for 5 out of 10 approvers and then move to the next step in the workflow?

Shawn Stevens January 26, 2017

Example:

My team consists of 10 users but out of which I need approval from 5 of them is there a way to do this JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

Hi Shawn Stevens

One approach to this is to have a hidden field which is automatically incremented on a self-referencing transition in your workflow. 

You would then only show the approved transition when this hidden field contains a value of 5 or higher. 

There are lots of extensions you can write to this process including keeping a record of who has approved; only allowing a person to approve once; resetting the count of approvals when an issue is returned to an earlier point in the process. 

I hope this gives you some ideas of how to approach this.

Shawn Stevens January 31, 2017

Phill,

That is what I thought. I'm curious

1. How do you have create a self-referencing transition?
  2. When you say extensions, where is this logic being written. groovy script, post functions, etc..

Do you know of any documentation you could point me to?

You are correct, there is a lot of logic that could be written as you have spelled out.

Thanks

Suggest an answer