Is it possible to have Cascade custom field type?

Nandeesh M S November 27, 2014

Hi,

This plugin is very helpful for me. But i want Cascade Field type i,e. the values of the second field should appear on the value which we select from 1st field.

Please help..

Thanks,

Nandeesh M S

3 answers

1 vote
N December 22, 2016

I encountered the same problem. The mailru-cf-cascade's source code is not available now so I can't use it for getting ideas. May be you have these sources and can send it me?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

Have you tried the standard built-in cascading select?  What's wrong with that, and what problem are you actually trying to fix?

N December 22, 2016

I don't need cascading select's fields. I'm need two different select's fields and the values of the second select field should appear on the value which we select from 1st field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

That's what a cascading select is.

N December 22, 2016

"Two different select's fields" is just an example of requested feature. So for other example I need three select fields that based on what you select in the first select field, changes the available selections in the second field and so on. The cascading select's field is not helped me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2016

Try the multi-level-cascading-select field from the marketplace if you need more than 2 levels.

Nandeesh M S December 23, 2016

Hi Natalia,

I got solution for this using "nFeed" plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed/server/overview

try this it is very helpful in multilevel cascading.

Cheers,

Nandeesh

N December 23, 2016

Hi Nandeesh

Thanks you. I know about nfeed. It's perfect solution. But I try do native solution.

Best regards,

Natalia

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2014

What plugin?

Please try the built-in "cascading select" before looking for plugins.  It is limited, but you should only use plugins when you can't do something off-the-shelf, so you need to try it.

0 votes
Dmitry Miroshnichenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

look at this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.mailru-cf-cascade . I dont have time to support marketplace, but you can take some ideas. also look at fresh sources https://github.com/DmitryMiroshnichenko/jira-mailru-cascade-cf

Suggest an answer