Is it possible to group Jira emails by conversation in Outlook 2013

Radha Khullar September 16, 2015

4 answers

1 vote
Calvin Hoot February 25, 2016

So far Outlook 2011 is the only thing that handles this properly. OWA and Outlook 2016 have the same problem. Plenty more examples on office tech center: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a8f8e96c-fdee-45d6-bdfa-b25f8b919e3e/outlook-for-mac-2016-conversations-grouping?forum=outlook

0 votes
OlgaP January 4, 2016

We're  also experiencing the same problem with JIRA 6.4.8 and outlook 2010. Is there some solution ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

Not really, the conversation field in emails is not used by most email clients - most group by subject. Outlook removed useful grouping/threading by subject a while ago, so you're a bit stuck I'm afraid.

0 votes
David Silva December 1, 2015

This used to work, but stopped a version or two ago.  Now all emails with the same subject no longer are grouped into conversations, and it has really messed up my workflow.  I keep trying to get development to at least use edit rather than the in context edits, but that is hit or miss.  I get ~5 emails for everyone 1 email that is relevant.  Very frustrating.   The mail app on my iPhone is grouping them fine.

Like I said, this worked before.  I don't know if the change was due to some patch in Office, or an update from JIRA.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2015

Have you tried?

From memory, no, the conversation field is filled with the subject.  Most other email clients intelligently thread messages based on subject, rather than use a little-used field that can drift off topic.

Suggest an answer