Is it possible to group Jira emails by conversation in Outlook 2013

4 answers

So far Outlook 2011 is the only thing that handles this properly. OWA and Outlook 2016 have the same problem. Plenty more examples on office tech center: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a8f8e96c-fdee-45d6-bdfa-b25f8b919e3e/outlook-for-mac-2016-conversations-grouping?forum=outlook

0 vote

Have you tried?

From memory, no, the conversation field is filled with the subject.  Most other email clients intelligently thread messages based on subject, rather than use a little-used field that can drift off topic.

This used to work, but stopped a version or two ago.  Now all emails with the same subject no longer are grouped into conversations, and it has really messed up my workflow.  I keep trying to get development to at least use edit rather than the in context edits, but that is hit or miss.  I get ~5 emails for everyone 1 email that is relevant.  Very frustrating.   The mail app on my iPhone is grouping them fine.

Like I said, this worked before.  I don't know if the change was due to some patch in Office, or an update from JIRA.

We're  also experiencing the same problem with JIRA 6.4.8 and outlook 2010. Is there some solution ?

Not really, the conversation field in emails is not used by most email clients - most group by subject. Outlook removed useful grouping/threading by subject a while ago, so you're a bit stuck I'm afraid.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

47 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you