Is it possible to give anonymous access to a screen to report issue and leave it as that?

Shreena Patel October 15, 2012

Hi there,

I am trying to create a "Submit a bug/issue" button, similar to the one in your documentation footer for our help site (using Confluence). Ideally, I just want to give our clients anonymous access to a screen which the clients fill out and thats all. Is it possible to do this, without giving them access to the Dashboard or browse through the issues they have posted etc? Basically I want them to fill out the form (would set up a project just for client issues) and we would handle the issues from there internally-assign the issue and whatnot to work on them. What do you recommend?

Would appreciate your support.

Cheers,

Shreena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

Hi Shreena,

In your project permission scheme, provide "Create Issue" permission to group "Anyone". This way, when an anonymous user visits your site, they will see the "Create Issue" button on the top right of the page. All other permissions in the scheme should be set to jira-administrators only if that is what you want.

They will be able to create an issue but not browse the project, etc.

Suggest an answer