Is it possible to get notifications sent when any bug is created?

Greg Harabedian January 12, 2015

Is it possible for users to configure their own accounts (or for an administrator to configure) that the specific user be notified when a bug is created within a given project?  I know I can configure a specific user to receive notifications when any issue is created, but our QA person wants to know if a bug is created.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

The easiest thing to do would be to create a filter that lists all the bugs created in the project after the last 'X' minutes and create a personal subscription that runs every 'X' minutes.

This will send an email with the list of issues created after that last run.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

If you have a bug specific workflow you can create a new event, Bug Creation, and replace the post event that fires at creation with your bug creation event. Then setup the notification scheme to notify the QA person (I suggest role) along with the other folks you are currently notifying.

Can I create "even triggers" (e.g. post event) in the "cloud" version of JIRA?

I'm just not clear on how to create an event associated with a bug creation.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

Check out the links below on how to create a custom event and add a post function. The transition for the create step fires the create issue event. Delete that and add your custom event. creating an event: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+custom+event configuring post events: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions

Suggest an answer