Is it possible to get certain request types to go to certain groups?

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to get certain Request Types to go to certain queues for the same Project

So for the example below Requeset Types from 'General' would go to a queue just for general tickets and the same for 'Needs Approval'?

Snip20191213_72.png

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hi @Harry Bob 

The simplest way to do it is to create a label (e.g. general) and tag each of the issue requests under General with the same label. You can add unique labels for each of the issue types as well. 

In Jira Service desk create a queue called General and use the Basic Filter to filter out 'general' label or use JQL script 'labels=general'.

Below I've provided an an example I use for my GDPR group (Request Type). 

1. A group called GDPR with different Issue Types

Multiple Issue Types under GDPR.jpg

2.  Add a hidden label = 'gdpr'.

hidden label = gdpr.jpg

3. Create a queue in Jira Service Desk called GDPR, use either the Basic filter by searching for the label 'gdpr'

Basic Filter by.jpgor using the JQL query to find all labels = 'gdpr'.

JQL script.jpg

4. Result is a Queue titled GDPR with requests with multiple issue types. 

GDPR queue with different issue types.jpg

- Mike

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2019

Hi Mike,

Oh thank you  that has worked! 

Is it possible to do the same when someone sends email directly to that same queue?

So a label will automatically get assigned to it when someone sends email to via the email channel

Snip20191216_73.png

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Hi @Harry Bob 

I am fairly certain the answer is yes, the reason I can't confirm 100% is that I don't have email requests turned on anymore, although I recall it had a basic Request type of Summary, Description, Attachment and Label. I also recall a report I had to show me email request types versus logged via the Customer Portal, so yes, that should work as well. You would use the same label name as the queue you have set up.

Kind regards, 

Mike

0 votes
venkatesh December 12, 2019

Hi @Harry Bob 

You can edit the request name edit the  groups name and  add the need approval on that particular request that time it will be come

Thanks ,

PVS

Suggest an answer