Is it possible to format Issue key in comment with short version?

MarcelW April 27, 2016

Somewhere in the past week or so I noticed where ever we mentioned an issue key in comments or descriptions the automatically rendered  links to those issues presented more than just the link of the text. 

image2016-4-27 12:13:42.png

While this is a neat feature, there are some formatting issues that come along with it.  Especially when a table containing multiple issues in it.  

I'm wondering how it is possible to have the automatic rendering not include the summary or the resolution/status.

In confluence, this easy as clicking on the macro and setting.  That option doesn't exist in Jira, and yet this looks just like that Macro.

2 answers

1 vote
Grant Grubb May 5, 2016

I've got exactly the same problem with the auto-rendering - we use the JIRA key in directory names, and often post links to the directory in JIRA comments. The auto-rendering makes a meal of those links.

If it is possible to turn of this feature, I'd be grateful to know how.

A possible work-around is to put the directory links in the "noformat" tags, but that is cumbersome.

Thanks.

0 votes
Daniel Deren May 4, 2016

I am also interested in configuring such auto-rendering.

Our case is that we use JIRA key as part of git branch name. While passing information about git branch name in comment, we have it auto-rendered to "jira-issue-macro" which distorts the message.

We would like to disable such auto rendering when given comment word is longer than JIRA key, but it contains JIRA key.

Example:

For existing JIRA key JIR-333 we would like to disable auto-rendering when word would be something like:

JIR-333-branch-name

Suggest an answer